Natural Stone Kitchen Worktops in Oxted | Town & Country Marble Ltd
Situated in Redhill, Town & Country Marble Ltd is a family-run stonemason, manufacturing and installing kitchen worktops and tiles of the highest quality standard. Our products can completely revolutionise how kitchens are used, and elevate their aesthetic drastically. So it’s no wonder a great deal of our custom comes from nearby areas such as Oxted, who visit our showroom looking to find granite worktops, quartz worktops and marble worktops true to their vision.
If you want to learn more about these particular products, please browse our website where we have dedicated sections on each category. Alternatively, we’re always happy to provide no obligation advice and assistance over the phone. Simply call 01293 824 246. Rather than repeat that information on this page, we’ve looked to do something a bit different, running over some interesting facts regarding the materials our stonemasons work with to create kitchen worktops for Oxted customers…
- Marble worktops are naturally cool as they are effective heat conductors; ideal in oft-hot kitchens.
- Marble isn’t just used for kitchen worktops and other aspects of architecture, and is also employed as a pharmaceutical ingredient, whiting pigment, toothpaste, phone cases and as part of the bottling process.
- Marble is made of limestone and calcium carbonate, subject to high pressure and temperatures under the earth’s crust.
- All marble is completely unique due to its natural impurities. This makes marble worktops an attractive option for both tiles and kitchen counters, when Oxted residents want something that’s one of a kind.
- Quartz worktops are engineered by mixing natural stone with resin polymer.
- These kitchen worktops do not require a sealant, as their manufacturing process means they aren’t porous (like other materials).
- Despite being man-made, quartz worktops are highly eco-friendly, being manufactured with recycled waste products.
- Quartz worktops are exceptionally durable. This is also a reason why quartz is often used in the production of flooring tiles for high-footfall areas around Oxted, like shopping centres, as well as for features in kitchens.
- Granite worktops are made up of natural substances which are billions of years old.
- The earth’s continental crust is primarily formed of granite.
- The actual constitution of granite is 20% quartz and up to 65% of alkali feldspar.
- While most granite worktops are grey, the material can be sourced in white and pink – giving Oxted residents a great deal of choice when it comes to selecting their granite kitchen worktops or tiles.
- Granite is one of the hardest materials in the world, making it ideal for putting up with the punishment of everyday use.